PO Box 395 Pittsboro, NC – 919-610-0369 – email@example.com
Comptroller and Grants Administrator – Piedmont Biofuels Industrial
Pittsboro, NC 7/10 – Current
- Oversee all financial transactions and responsible for A/P, A/R, debt management, payroll, cash management, taxes, balance sheet, etc.
- Create and adhere to quarterly and annual budgets for three departments.
- Administer grant budgets, funds, and deliverables (US Department of Energy, USDA, NC Green Business Fund, Department of Energy Small Business Initiative, etc.).
- Manage human resources, health insurance, benefits, and workers compensation.
- Attend and facilitate workshops and other events as needed.
- Manage fuel distribution and oil collections for 150 accounts and 6 fueling stations.
Manager – Harland’s Creek Farm
Pittsboro, NC 7/09-7/10
- Managed a 125 person CSA, 6 staff members, and various collaborative farming efforts.
- In charge of day to day operations of three acres of vegetables, herbs, and flowers in addition to seven flocks of pasture raised poultry.
- Oversaw budgeting for materials, salaries, expenditures, and receipts.
- Ordered all supplies and kept inventory.
- Attended farmer’s markets, special events, and member events as needed.
- Filled out daily and quarterly reports regarding employees, tasks, finances, and field/livestock information.
Business Development Associate – Sunsense Solar
Carbondale, CO 11/08-6/09
- Responsible for all financial transactions including, A/P, A/R, debt management, payroll, cash management, etc.
- Initiated and set up Quickbooks and other automated systems.
- Researched sales and use tax as it pertains to the solar electric market.
- Applied and administered USDA grants for renewable energy installation.
- Certified our company as contractors across the state and creating an accurate building permit process.
Director of Business and Community Relations – North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association
Raleigh, NC 4/06 – 1/08
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive strategy to engage businesses in NCSEA’s policy, outreach and economic development work.
- Created NCSEA’s business division, which provided training, public relations and coalition building among 150 local, national and international businesses.
- Initiated development campaigns which included membership drives for business and individuals, program sponsorship and grant proposals. NCSEA’s budget increased from $35,000 in March of 2006 to $1.5 million in January of 2008.
- Managed administrative personnel, volunteers, community partners, interns and other staff members.
- Cultivated and maintained relationships with political leaders, media contacts, industry professionals including, Utilities Commission, Farm Bureau and Home Builders Associations.
- Created and implemented programmatic efforts, including NC Green Building and Solar Tour, Green Building Pavilion at the Southern Home Show (Raleigh and Charlotte), annual membership meetings, Economic Development meetings.
Senior Processor and Mortgage Broker – Clearwater Mortgage & Direct Mortgage
Boise, ID 1/03 – 1/05
- Successfully closed between 40-60 loans per month, including Conventional, FHA, VA, Sub-prime, and HUD programs.
- Developed and implemented marketing plan for multiple offices which included training material for processing staff and loan officers.
- Managed 6 processing and administrative staff and dozens of loan officers throughout Idaho.
- Wrote curriculum for continuing education classes for mortgage brokers, realtors and other real estate professionals.
- Cultivated and maintained relationships with loan officers, financing representatives, underwriters, appraisers, title officers, insurance agents, builders, developers and industry professionals.
- Researched Energy Efficiency Mortgages and developed a financing niche for government time-share loans and commercial property.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelors in Parks and Recreation
University of North Carolina, Graduated May 2002, Concentration in Natural Resource Management
- USDA Grant Writing in Renewable Energy and Agricultural Sectors
- Permitting Renewable Energy systems
2007 Other Training and Conferences
- Green Building Design and Development (US Green Building Council)
- Skystream, small wind installation and financing (Southwest Windpower)
- Leadership Development training (Institute for Conservation Leadership)
- American Solar Energy Society
- American Solar Energy Society
- American Wind Energy Association
CURRENT VOLUNTEER PROJECTS
- Board President, Abundance Foundation
- Treasurer, Chatham Mills Farmer’s Market Board of Directors